STREET TUNING PROCESS & REQUIREMENTS
At PowerLabs, we offer a specialized tuning service known as Street Tuning. This process utilizes our years of experience tuning a variety of vehicles and modifications to improve the performance of your vehicle without the use of a dyno. For highly modified vehicles, this service is intended to provide a base tune to get the vehicle started and drivable. In this guide, we'll walk you through the Street Tuning process and explain how it can unleash the performance potential of your vehicle.
SECTION 1: WHAT IS STREET TUNING
Street Tuning is a load-and-go style tune that is primarily intended for stock or bolt-on modified vehicles. It is a convenient option that aims to get your vehicle running and driving smoothly without the need for extensive dyno time. However, it's important to note that Street Tuning is not recommended as the final tune for vehicles with more than stock or bolt-on modifications.
SECTION 2: STREET TUNING PROCESS
- Initial Consultation: We begin with a detailed discussion about your vehicle, modifications, and performance goals. This helps us understand your unique requirements and tailor the Street Tuning process accordingly.
- Preparation: Before the tuning session, it's important to ensure your vehicle is in optimal condition. We recommend checking and addressing any existing mechanical or electrical issues prior to tuning to achieve the best results.
- Tuning: Using our extensive experience and knowledge, we apply a tune that is specific to your vehicle and modifications. This tune is carefully calibrated to provide a solid starting point for your vehicle's performance optimization. We often create this tune before your appointment to minimize time spent waiting during the street tune process.
- Road Testing: After applying the initial tune, we conduct road tests to evaluate the performance of your vehicle in real-world conditions. This allows us to fine-tune the parameters further if necessary.
- Revisions (If Applicable): In some cases, additional revisions may be required to further optimize the tune for your specific vehicle and modifications. However, it may not involve any revisions, particularly for applications that we have extensive experience with, as those tunes are often finely tailored to your exact application based on prior testing.
- Recommendation For Final Tune: While Street Tuning can enhance the performance of your vehicle, it is important to consider that it is not a comprehensive, all-inclusive tune for highly modified vehicles. We strongly recommend that vehicles with extensive modifications beyond stock or bolt-on upgrades undergo a full custom dyno tuning session to achieve the highest level of performance optimization.
SECTION 3: STREET TUNING REQUIREMENTS
- Appointment: Schedule an appointment in advance to ensure we allocate sufficient time for your vehicle's tuning session. We do not accept walk-in appointments.
- Vehicle Preparation: Ensure your vehicle is in good mechanical condition and free from any leaks or malfunctioning components. We appreciate your understanding in helping us maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Fuel and Fluids: Arrive with a full tank of at least 91 octane fuel, as we recommend this minimum octane level for optimal tuning results. Additionally, make sure all fluids (oil, coolant, etc.) are at the recommended levels.
- Modifications and Documentation: Inform us about any modifications or upgrades done to your vehicle, including aftermarket parts or engine modifications. Bring relevant documentation if available.
- Pre-Tune Inspection: We strongly recommend having a pre-tune inspection completed by Paradigm Automotive, the shop we share a location with and rent the dyno from. If a pre-tune inspection is not completed and passed prior to the tuning appointment, and if the vehicle has any issues during the street tuning process then we reserve the right to stop the process. The customer will not receive a discount for a follow-up appointment if an issue with the car prohibits us from completing the tuning process.
- Driver and Keys: Ensure you or an authorized representative can drop off the vehicle during the agreed-upon appointment time and provide the wheel lock key if you use locking lug nuts.